Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole 30: Day 7

Whole 30:  Day 7



Breakfast:  eggs, strawberries, coconut butter
Lunch:  salad w/Mexican shredded chicken
Dinner:  cranberry balsamic pork tendorloin, carrots, green beans, broccoli
Snacks:  pistachios, walnut butter (1 tbsp pre-workout)

First of all, I am amazed that I didn’t eat my body weight in food today after this morning’s WOD.  Sheer madness!  But I made it through.  My stomach was growling before I left the gym so when I got home I showered, dressed and cooked two eggs and sliced some strawberries.  I added a small scoop of coconut butter because I needed a little extra sumthin sumthin.


The morning was busy but not hectic.  I grabbed a handful of pistachios about halfway through because I felt a little hungry but not ravenous.  Around 2, I was able to break away from my laptop long enough to eat a salad with leftover Mexican shredded chicken on top along with a sprinkle of oil and vinegar.

I started to order in for dinner because I worked so late but didn't want to deal with unknown ingredients in my food so I threw a pork tenderloin in the crockpot (balsamic-cranberry pork tenderloin = YUM), roasted some carrots, and sautéed some broccoli and green beans.  It turned out to be an excellent meal!


My kids are huge fans of the roasted carrots!
Even though I have been doing a great job with my eating, I haven't done so well with my sleeping.  I didn't get to bed until 11pm and my alarm was set for 5am.  I plan to do better tomorrow (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

  1. Man, looking at your daily meals makes me realize how badly I need to spice things up in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete