Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Whole 30 Day 3

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs and sweet potato hash browns, green tea
Lunch:  Well Fed's chocolate chili over spaghetti squash with chopped avocado
Dinner:  Chocolate chili over cauliflower rice, green salad
Snacks:  apple, banana, 1T coconut butter

Today was challenging for me.  I felt hungry for most of the day but was determined not to get off track.  I also felt the strong need for a nap mid-afternoon but that was just a "day"dream because I had way too much work to do.

I started off the day with my usual 5:30 workout.  I thought I could catch a quick nap once I returned home and showered since it was only 6:45am and the rest of the family was still fast asleep.  However, my husband woke me up to tell me that my growling stomach was waking him up.  Oh well....

Breakfast included eggs scrambled in ghee and leftover sweet potato hash browns from last night's dinner.  I still felt hungry after breakfast so I had an apple and a tablespoon of organic almond butter mid-morning.

I ate lunch so quickly that I didn't take a picture however it made an encore appearance for dinner so you can check it out below.  Last night, I made a batch of chocolate chili from the Well Fed cookbook in anticipation of busy days this week.  It came in handy today because I barely had time to reheat the spaghetti squash and chili for a quick lunch.

About an hour and a half after lunch I was hungry - like I skipped lunch hungry.  I considered another small meal but opted for a banana instead.

For dinner, I decided to have more chili but instead of serving it over spaghetti squash (which was great), I thought I'd make a quick batch of cauliflower rice.  I didn't have high hopes for it but it actually turned out pretty good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment