Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whole 30: Day 5

Whole 30: Day 5 Meals

Breakfast: ½ cup Well Fed chili
Lunch:  Grilled wild salmon and big salad
Dinner 1: Seared tuna, sliced cucumbers

I must admit that I was a little worried going into this weekend.  I usually have a glass of wine or two over the weekend and often end up in social situations where I cannot control the food choices (though I am starting to realize that I have more control than I thought).    

Since it's Saturday, there was only one Crossfit class at my box.  I typically eat very little before Crossfit however that's because I usually go at 5:30 am.  The Saturday class is at 9:30 and usually very intense so I needed to eat a little more than normal.  I figured a protein focused breakfast would sustain me through the WOD so I had a small portion of leftover chili about an hour before class.  Thank goodness I did because it was a tough one (rowing, wallballs, box jumps, weighted sit-ups, wall climbs, and tire flipping all in one WOD!)

My gym is also starting a Paleo challenge so I decided to participate and was weighed and measured after the WOD.  I feel sorry for the coach who had the pleasure of measuring all of those sweaty bodies. I have been eating paleo for about 8 weeks now so I don't expect huge results since I've already lost 9lbs. but it will be fun to participate and it also coincides with my Whole 30.  Immediately after leaving the gym (as in, while driving home) I had a snack of apple slices, walnut butter, a boiled egg and lots of water.  

The snack kept me satisfied long enough to shower and then it was time for lunch.  I reheated some salmon from last night's dinner and made a big salad.  Then I made a quick grocery store run for some Greenwise chicken breasts to throw in the crockpot for later.

I don't know if it was my super busy week or that crazy WOD from this morning but my body was crying for a nap and I gladly obliged.  My kids woke me to remind me that I had promised to take them to the Melting Pot for a late lunch.  Time to test the resolve!  So off to the Melting Pot we went only to arrive and find out we were just in time for happy hour!  The good news was that the cheese fondue my kids wanted would be 1/2 price, the bad news was that I had to pretend the Love martini didn't exist.  However, I am happy to say that I succeeded and just order the seared tuna from the small plates menu and nibbled a few veggies from the kids fondue dippers.

We walked around the shopping center for about an hour and returned home to a house fragrant with the scent of Mexican shredded chicken which I promptly stuffed into peppers (minus the cheese) and baked.  I ate 1/2 a stuffed pepper and 1/4 avocado for my second dinner.

Another day of good eating under my belt and it's time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment