Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Whole 30 Day 2

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, roasted tomatoes, avocado, red grapefruit
Lunch:  Leftover duck breast, green salad, roasted carrots
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, sweet potato hash browns, roasted brussel sprouts and broccoli

Day 2 was a good day.  It started off with a great workout and included a lot of good food.  I usually like to have some type of green veggies like sautéed spinach or kale with breakfast.  However, today I opted for diced avocado paired with grape tomatoes roasted in the oven with high quality olive oil and sea salt.  I added scrambled eggs and grapefruit for a filling breakfast.


I had some leftover roasted duck breast from dinner a couple of nights ago so I reheated it along with roasted carrots.  Added a quick green salad for the perfect lunch.


Dinner was fantastic.  I grilled chicken breasts after seasoning and placing a little grass-fed butter under the skin.  The result was grilled chicken with skin as brown and crispy as fried.  I pulled the skin off before I ate it and it still tasted phenomenal!  Sweet potato hasbrowns and roasted veggies rounded out a great dinner.


During the day, I had a couple of teaspoons of coconut butter when I started feeling a little hungry but was careful to keep those snacks to a minimum.  Overall, I was pretty happy with day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment