Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whole 30: Day 4

Whole 30: Day 4 Meals
Breakfast: Veggie Omelet
Lunch:  Salad w/shrimp
Dinner:  Grilled wild salmon, broccoli, sweet potato wedges
Snacks:  Apple, sweet potato wedges w/coconut butter

Breakfast today was an omelet made with two eggs, chopped mini peppers, and baby kale.  I also ate half of a ruby red grapefruit since I bought a whole bag of them and no one else in the house seems to be eating them.  I was working from home today so I was able to prepare all of my food.  I am truly getting spoiled because when it is time for me to resume business travel I don't know what I am going to eat!

I didn't want to make a grocery store run for lunch so I rummaged through the freezer and found some Greenwise frozen shrimp.  I defrosted them, tossed with some Greek seasoning, and grilled them to add protein to my meal.  I made salad dressing using lemon juice, olive oil and a bit of sea salt.  It made for a really tasty lunch but I knew it would not keep me full until dinner because I had a pretty intense session on the spinning bike earlier this morning.  Sure enough, my stomach started rumbling mid-afternoon so I ate a few sweet potato wedges with a spoonful of coconut butter (where has this stuff been all my life?!)

I had a mid-afternoon appointment away from home so I grabbed an apple to eat while I was out. I thought I would be ravenous for dinner but strangely enough I was so engrossed in my work that I didn't even think about eating until 8:30!  I really try not to eat so late but I truly lost track of time - I used to think people who "forgot" to eat were crazy but now I understand (kind of).

Dinner consisted of grilled salmon (threw it on the grill when I returned home from my appointment), broccoli, and more sweet potato wedges.  I didn't have a huge portion but could barely finish it.  All and all I would say I ate pretty clean today.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment