Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quick omelets

I typically try to steer my kids away from sugary treats for breakfast.  They typically eat oatmeal, yogurt and granola, or eggs.  They've gotten to the point where they can actually cook eggs on their own (yay independence!!!)  Right now, they really love omelets.  To make it even easier, I bought a cool little omelet pan for them to use.

I must admit that the omelet pan looks a little gimmicky (one of my Bed Bath & Beyond impulse buys) but it is super easy to use.  You simply put the eggs in the pan, close it, flip it over about about a minute and cook for another minute or two.


The resulting omelet is not your typical half moon shape but it cooks perfectly and the kids love it!  And I love that they get some protein and veggies in their breakfast.  Fuel for straight A's!

No comments:

Post a Comment