Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hen




Now that the temperature is dropping, it seems more natural to roast than to grill. Hence, my use of the remainder of my fresh rosemary to season my Cornish hens. And yes, I actually made this recipe weeks ago when the rosemary was actually fresh. I’ve just been a little slack with my posting.

This recipe was extremely simple and very flavorful. I started with a Cornish hen, fresh rosemary, and some Kerrygold garlic butter. I seasoned the hen with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Then, I placed the rosemary and butter under the skin so that the flavor would really sink it (and it did!)


I roasted the hen at 350 for a little under an hour with some red potatoes sprinkled with a bit more of the fresh rosemary and some butter. I made some green beans and voila!, a quick and healthy weeknight meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment