Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

How do you deep condition?

The hot Florida sun can be brutal on skin and hair. I find that deep conditioning is essential to maintaining moisture and avoiding breakage. I have tried many products ranging from the super cheap to more expensive than I would like. However, I have found that adding honey and olive oil to just about any decent conditioner yields good results. I wear my hair natural and I prefer all natural ingredients so there are some pricier products that do not meet my criteria for a suitable conditioner. Now don't get me wrong, companies like Darcy's Botanicals and Karen's Body Beautiful make fantastics conditioners. However, I can also use a less expensive conditioner and get great results by adding a few ingredients from my kitchen. What works for you? Share you favorites deep conditioner concoctions....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so big on deep conditioning my hair. I didn't used to be before I want natural. I use products labeled as "deep conditioners".

    I have several posts of conditioning on my blog. Stop back over when you've got time and check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @CallaLily - Thanks for the comment. I will be sure to check out your posts on deep conditioning. I have found some interesting info on your blog in the past.

    ReplyDelete